Haute horology highlights of Baselworld 2017 in Switzerland
Beautiful Measurement of Every Moment
Compiled By Robin Jay
The tradition started in 1917 with just 29 brands. A century later, this past March, the Baselworld 2017 hosted horology enthusiasts from more than 100 countries to celebrate the convention of the creme de la creme of the industry who united to take the pulse of the market, marvel at the new collections and witness the start of a new trendsetting cycle.
“Baselworld is not just a show of the best Swiss watch brands, but more importantly the showcase of the entire Swiss and international industry. During eight days, people do not only enter into the heart of the industry, but also feel the pulse of it, getting a vision of the future,” said Jean-Claude Biver, President of the LVMH Watch Division, CEO TAG Heuer and CEO Zenith.
“We know from experience, our new collections and creations will be all the talk in the coming 12 months,” said Eric Bertrand, President of the Baselworld Exhibitors’ Committee.
Here’s a look at some of the stunning horology “all the talk” at International Opulence magazine:
Top row left to right
1. GANESH SHAKUDO WATCH BY BLANCPAIN – The Hindu god Ganesh, remover of obstacles and patron of arts and sciences, adorns the dial of this timepiece. The gold-copper alloy Shakudo provides endless possibilities for the creation of individual dial designs.
2. FUGAKU TOURBILLON LIMITED EDITION BY CREDOR – The engraver of this show-stopping watch, Kiyoshi Terui, was named a “Contemporary Master Craftsman” of Japan and awarded the Medal with Yellow Ribbon in 2007 by the Emperor of Japan himself.
3. PREMIERE CAMELLIA SKELETON BY CHANEL – With a bezel of 18k gold set with diamonds, this elegant watch showcases an intense black open-worked dial with a movement layout shaped like the camellia, Mademoiselle Chanel’s favorite flower.
Bottom row left to right
4. L’HEURE IMPATIENTE OF THE SLIM D’HERMÈS LINE BY HERMES – This sophisticated classic piece of horology is set in red gold and features an automatic Calibre H1912 visible through its transparent case back.
5. AVENUE CLASSIC CHERRY BLOSSOM BY HARRY WINSTON – With mother-of-pearl, brilliant-cut diamonds, and pink sapphires, this beautiful timepiece emanates a sense of playful sophistication.
6. LA D DE DIOR SATINE BY CHRISTIAN DIOR – This sleek and stunning white gold timepiece is also available in pink gold and transports the beauty of a satin ribbon to a wristwatch.
Baselworld 2018 will be held from Thursday 22 to Tuesday 27 March 2018 in Basel, Switzerland.